St Andrews Bangkok give students a varied choice in Sports and PE and pride themselves on the fact that there is an activity, exercise, team, spot, squad and place for all. Learn more about our PE programme and inclusive sports model and how this develops the love for physical activity and sport on all levels.
The PE Curriculum
The curriculum is delivered in six different blocks, so that every student from Year 3 to 11 participates in at least eight different sports. In addition to this, students studying the GCSE Physical Education course have the opportunity to take part in a wider variety of sports. Our students also compete in a Fun Run and an Aquathon for which they train during PE lessons.
The sports and activities we offer are:
- Football (Soccer)
- Touch Rugby
- Water safety, Waterpolo and Swimming
- Inclusive physical activities
- Striking Games (Teeball, Softball, etc.)
Our PE curriculum at St Andrews helps build a love for sports and physical exercise. This appreciation for PE can be taken further through our inclusive Sports programme and as an IB subject; Sports, Excercise and Health Science.
Our Inclusive Sports Programme
Our programme is built on the idea that sports are fun, improving is fun and competing is fun! There is a sport for everyone and an inclusive pathway for all our athletes to succeed.
But what does that mean for our St Andrews students? It means…
- Finding the right team, there are squads for all skill levels – offering genuine pathways to learn and make progress, whether our students are beginners or at the top of their game.
- Learning from the best, our specialised coaches and educators use leading long-term development models to develop athletes.
- Giving a long list of sporting options to our STA athletes, with year-round opportunities to play in whatever sport they choose.
- Opportunities to play multiple sports. We encourage athletes to get involved in as many sports as they wish.
- Creating the right environment – Students are happy, safe & supported ensuring a positive experience that fosters progress & the right level of challenge.
Sports for Life at STA
Sports are a powerful vehicle for learning, developing character and promoting healthy choices. Advantageous life skills such as teamwork, dedication, perseverance and commitment can be strengthened through sport participation. Countless studies show involvement in sports positively impacts academic performance.
At St Andrews, we challenge students to be the best they can be by harnessing the power of sports to secure our students’ lifelong development and giving them the greatest chance to succeed in life. We understand that every child is an individual, progressing at different rates, and this is no different when it comes to developing their physical skills. We believe everybody should be active & stay activities and ensure this by giving every child a place within our Sports Programme. Our positive environment allows children to play sports for as long as possible and feel challenged, at a level right for them.
Benefits of Participating in Sports
Physical Education provides our students with opportunities to:
- Be active and learn about healthy lifestyles
- Improve their fitness
- Learn new skills
- Engage in teamwork activities
- Lead and coach
- Develop personal and social skills
- Develop skills such as resilience, self-motivation, self-belief and the ability to face challenges without fear of failure
- Enjoy the feeling of success when representing St Andrews International School Bangkok
Additional Weekend and Holiday Activities & Opportunities
We are proud to offer additional weekend & holiday training opportunities outside of the school Sports Programme. These are run by experienced coaches and have consistently shown to impact athletes of all levels positively.
We finish the year with a Sports Awards event, designed to celebrate the sporting achievements of all our community and highlight student commitment, effort and progress. There will be a host of individual and team awards presented and the chance to join together and celebrate our success as a community!
Students can also choose to participate in a variety of sports and physical activities as part of our programme of extracurricular activities at the school.
Admissions & Visit Enquiry
Book a Virtual Discovery Meeting today to receive a personalised admissions experience.