With Easter fast approaching and kids now being schooled, entertained and exercised at home, some without access to outside space, how can we still help them to enjoy and celebrate the special moments?
Easter has always been a traditional time for family sharing and caring and this year more than ever it gives us time to build connections and possibly be engaged in Easter fun more than before.
Here are some great ideas how you can decorate for Easter without even having to leave the house and a bonus is they will keep the kids occupied for hours!
A timeless classic of an activity that can be done with all age groups. Then you can all have omelettes for dinner.
You will need: eggs, a bowl, kitchen towel, paints and decorative material, string, a pin and a long needle.
- First, wash the eggs and towel dry them
- Using a sharp upholstery pin or needle, pierce a hole in the top and bottom of the egg
- Now, place the egg over a bowl and your mouth over the top hole and BLOW.
- All the egg will come squishing out of the bottom into the bowl
- When it’s completely empty, wipe off any residue and decorate with anything from paint to glitter, to stickers and more
- Thread some cotton or string through the egg and voila –– you’ve got some Easter decor!
Cotton Wool Sheep
A genius way to use up surplus cotton wool supplies and create some artwork.
You will need: cotton wool, cardboard, Coloured card, cardboard cups, sheep shape cutter or template, scissors, glue, a pen and some decorative material.
- Using a stencil or freehand, draw a sheep shape onto some cardboard.
- Take cotton wool and glue it all over the body of the sheep, leaving the head and legs free.
- Colour the head in or use black card to make the head and stick on some googly eyes.
- For the legs, you can use sticks, straws or cut a triangle out of the paper cup and stick the body onto the cup.
- You can decorate your sheep adding wars, ribbons or maybe an Easter bonnet.
Paper Flower Pots or Bouquets
This will last much longer than real flowers.
You will need: a variety of paper and cardstock, flower petal templates, scissors, glue and something to make a stem from (straw, stick, kebab skewer, pipe cleaner, re cycled plastic or ceramic pots etc.).
- Collect a selection of coloured paper and cardstock. It can be new or offcuts
- Use a 5, 6, 8 or 10 petal template that can be found and printed online.
- Cut out the petal shapes and stick together as a flower using different patterns.
- Take a circle of coloured paper and stick in the middle of the flower to make the pollen or google eyes and stickers or any other accessories to make faces.
- Using a kebab stick, straw, stick from the garden or rolled up paper, attach to the flower to make the stem.
- Make lots in a variety of colours and patterns and create either a glorious bouquet or add leaves and plant your flower into some soil in a decorated pot for the perfect Easter gift for Mum!
You will need: yogurt pots or cardboards are tubes, orange and green coloured papers or card, white paint or tissue paper, google eyes, coloured pens, a stapler, scissors and glue.
- Use the yogurt pots or card tubes for the head and body, these can either be painted white or covered in white tissue paper, let the paint dry and then stick both tubes together.
- In the meantime, cut out ear-shaped sections of white card-stock and decorate smaller sections of the ears with coloured pens. Stick the ears to the top tube.
- Cut strips of green and orange paper and fold into the shapes of carrots and staple or glue the tops together before attaching to the bottom tube.
- Paint nose, whisker and mouth details onto your tube or pot.
- Another option is to decorate or draw cloths onto the body of the bunnies with flowers or stick fresh flowers onto the ears, be creative!
There are so many more ideas of things to do, check out our favourites below. See what’s around the house for resources and just use your imagination and have fun!
Pssst… enjoying what you’re reading?
Join our community and never miss an event, post or update! Just enter your email address below: