In honour of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee, Wellington College Bangkok are delighted to welcome applications from exceptionally talented Senior School students who wish to be considered for a Wellington College Bangkok Academic Jubilee Scholarship.
Scholarships are awarded in recognition and support of outstanding ability, potential, and attainment in academic and other co-curricular areas. Successful Scholars will benefit from a superb programme of bespoke scholars’ tutorials and workshops including personal development, public speaking, academic enrichment, and additional specialist coaching.
This exceptional opportunity is open to young people of extraordinary ability and potential entering Year 9 in the 2022/23 academic year (age 13 on September 1, 2022). Students will be welcomed to Wellington College Bangkok in January 2023 to allow them to prepare for the IGCSE programme in Years 10 and 11.
How to Apply
In the first instance please click here to apply and attach a letter to the Master of Wellington College International School Bangkok, Mr Christopher Nicholls. Please explain in the letter why you should be considered for an Academic Jubilee Scholarship. Include the following details –
- Your education to date – which schools have you attended and where?
- What have you excelled in?
- What have you done so far to develop your interests and passions?
- Why are you interested in a scholarship?
- What is unique about you?
- What can you bring to Wellington and what do you hope to gain from this?
- Any other factors that you think relevant
Once we receive your application, the process will be as follows –
- Initial contact with the Master
- Further information sought where relevant and appropriate (reports, awards, achievements, references)
- Shortlisting of all applications
- Notification to attend Scholarship Day (Probably September 16 2022)
- Scholarship Day – interview with the Master, interview with the Head of Senior School, examination, Harkness discussion
- Scholarship awards and offers made by October 1 2022
- Term 2 – January 10 2023 – new scholars start
Please review the information and if you would like to discuss with us further, we would be delighted to hear from you at
[email protected] (Jane Forster, Director of Admissions and Marketing)
[email protected] (Christopher Nicholls, Master)