Bangkok is home to a large and diverse collection of International Schools. This group of schools boasts many top global brands and offers high quality educational opportunities second to none. In 2020, another top name will open its doors in Bangkok to welcome students from Nursery to Year 13. Introducing: King’s College International School Bangkok (King’s Bangkok).
King’s Bangkok aims to be one of the best schools in Asia and will be located in the prestigious and convenient Ratchada-Rama 3 area. Their state-of-the-art facilities will include a sports complex, which will boast an indoor Olympic-size swimming pool, a 600-seat auditorium and specialist Science, Music and Art classrooms as well as an Early Years Centre with outstanding outdoor and indoor learning areas.
The school works closely with King’s College School, Wimbledon, and have a Founding Headmaster who has worked at both the Wimbledon and Hangzhou campuses. This has helped them to adapt a world-leading academic curriculum, co-curricular and pastoral systems to the vibrant city of Bangkok. King’s Bangkok places student well-being, well-rounded character development and strong values at the centre of their educational experience.
Believing in ‘A great heart takes you further’, King’s Bangkok is committed to the values of good manners, kindness and wisdom. The King’s approach at all levels encourages students to look beyond the academic curriculum, which the vibrant success of its drama, music and games departments all indicate. They want girls and boys from King’s to be recognized ‘not only for their many talents’ but above all for their courtesy and humanity.
What Set’s King’s Apart?
King’s Bangkok works closely with King’s Wimbledon (a Top Ranked Boys’ and Co-ed School in the UK by the Sunday Times in 2017 & 2018) as they seek to build on their success of almost 200 years of excellence in education. King’s Bangkok develops well-rounded, confident and happy boys and girls who will make a positive difference to their communities. We do this through placing equal weight on:
- A strong academic curriculum developed with the King’s Wimbledon team. The King’s curriculum has a proven track record of producing academic excellence as well as creative alumni who go on to have success in a wide range of fields: from famous musicians and actors to high court judges, software developers, writers, surgeons and academics.
- A pastoral system which gives children the support and guidance to become calm, happy adults. The tutor and house systems work to give children a sense of community and purpose so that they enjoy coming to school and have a network of people to go to in times of need.
- An extensive co-curricular program which offers a wide range of clubs, societies and activities to provide children with a varied and exciting school week. These involve lunchtime activities, compulsory activities within their timetable and optional activities after school for children in reception and upwards.
King’s Bangkok has worked with parents and leading architects to ensure that we have world-class facilities that are well-designed for children. We have over 42,000 square meters of state-of-the-art school facilities which include:
- Modern and spacious classrooms for students optimized for learning in the digital era.
- The Early Years Centre designed to give students opportunities to develop, have fun and be challenged both inside and outside of the classrooms. Spacious and fully-equipped classrooms of 64 square metres, large playgrounds, bicycle tracks, cooking room, swimming pool and splash area.
- Playgrounds fully equipped for different age groups to explore and play.
- Four state-of-the-art science labs.
- State-of-the-art design and technology, music and art rooms.
- A library with open spaces and meeting rooms to allow students to learn independently or in a group setting.
- An auditorium with 600 seats designed for student music and drama productions.
- Mini concert halls to allow children to perform for peers and the wider King’s community.
- A covered saline water, Olympic-size swimming pool (50 meters) designed with natural light and shade to ensure that the students have optimum water temperature all year round.
- An air-conditioned sports hall housing three full-size basketball courts with an indoor jogging track which enables students to do a number of activities and sports in any weather.
- More than 2,000 square meters of shaded recreational and sports facilities that can adapt to the needs of our students, (e.g. indoor futsal, fitness room, indoor climbing wall and other activities for children’s optimum social and physical development.)
- Two outdoor sport courts, shaded for all year round multipurpose use.
- A fully serviced and stylish parents’ lounge.
- A 600-seat dining hall.
- A multistory car park with 250 parking spaces.
Please direct all enquires to: [email protected]