Are you looking for a safe place to learn horse riding and interact with beautiful horses? The Hay Equestrian Center & Eatery is a perfect day trip for the entire family.
In early November 2019, our family visited The Hay Equestrian Center & Eatery and absolutely loved it. The Hay is perfect for families with children of any age wanting to interact with well looked after horses in a clean and safe environment. Staff were friendly and, most importantly, very attentive to the needs of our children. My children (8 and 10 years) had a 1-hour beginner horse riding lesson and were taught all of the basic skills of horse riding by a friendly instructor. We finished with a most delicious lunch at their onsite restaurant overlooking the horse stables. A wonderful day!
About The Hay Equestrian Center & Eatery
The Hay provides horse riding lessons and experiences for riders of all abilities: from novices to very experienced. They offer one off lessons or ongoing courses. The Hay caters for all ages (1 year up!) and have equestrian equipment for both rent and sale. The Hay has over 30 horses and all appeared very well cared for and healthy during our walk through the stables. There is a lovely onsite restaurant and off street parking as well.
What We Loved Most About The Hay
After visiting quite a few horse riding centres all over Thailand this was definitely my favorite. Mostly because of the way the horses were kept and treated. The stables were well maintained and the horses looked healthy and happy too!
Apart from interacting with so many lovely horses, these are the things my family enjoyed the most:
- My youngest daughter enjoyed petting and feeding carrots to the shetland ponies the most. They were super friendly and loved all the attention.
- She also enjoyed visiting the new foal, which was born just one month ago!
- My 10 year old daughter’s highlight (who is obsessed with horses) was the riding lesson. It was done very professionally, teaching many different techniques. Afterwards the trainer even allowed her to help with cleaning out and hosing down the horses hooves and brushing him down – an experience she will never forget!
- My eldest daughter raved about the food in their onsite restaurant. Especially the Banana Flower Salad and Mint Passionfruit Panna Cotta. Service was fast and the dishes were beautifully presented.
- My husband and I enjoyed the great hospitality and lovely environment for watching our children interact with beautiful horses. Facilities were also great with super clean bathrooms with showers and locker storage. Overall a wonderful experience for everybody!
Make Sure To Eat At The Hay Restaurant
While there be sure to try out The Hay’s amazing restaurant. The owner advised that the building has taken two years to construct and it has the most incredible woodwork walls and ceiling. A huge open space and high ceilings gives it a lovely cool atmosphere. The design includes a stunning upstairs area that would be perfect for functions such as a wedding.
There was an excellent choice of reasonably priced food including both western and Thai specialties. Children are well catered for with child friendly options and IKEA style high chairs were available as well. The staff were very obliging, catering for our vegetarian family requests very well! All our dishes were delicious and the chef was able to adapt them to our requests. You can choose to sit inside and enjoy air conditioning (like we did) or in their outdoor restaurant area. All seating has wonderful views to the riding area and stable through giant glass windows – perfect if you want to sit back and relax and enjoy a drink while your children are riding!
Things To Consider When You Visit
The Hay is located outside of Bangkok’s center about 45-50 minutes, so it can be difficult to access without your own transport. But, it is well worth the effort.
Booking is essential, especially during the late afternoon and evening. We arrived at 10am when they opened, which was great as we had the place to ourselves! They have two riding areas. One of these areas is undercover which would be good in the heat of the middle of the day or if it was raining. The owner even provides portable fans for parents sitting watching their children ride!
Make sure you also wear appropriate clothes (long pants/leggings) and boots if you have them. The Hay provides gloves, helmets and boots for rent, if you’re family doesn’t own them.
Essential Information If You Go To The Hay
- Location / Address: The Hay – Equestrian Center & Eatery, 75 (Soi Ekkachai 131) Phromdan Rd, Bangbon Tai, Bangbon, Bangkok 10150, Thailand
- Contact : 0818898732 and 024083672
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thehaybkk/
- Nearby public transportation: Lak Song MRT Station, then taxi
- Dates: Open everyday
- Times: 10am – 8pm
- Price: From 1000 THB and up
- Ages: 1 year – 99 years
About Our Community Reviewer
This review was completed by BKK Kids community member Natasha Yellend. If you’d like to also contribute as a member of our Community Review Team? Just click here to sign up!
Enjoying What You’re Reading?
Join our community and never miss an event, post or update! Just enter your email address below: