When it comes to creativity in kids there is no better way to kick start imaginations than with lego bricks. There are still many older kids and adults that anxiously await the release of the newest lego kit; which are becoming more and more elaborate. Imagine the patience it must take to create a 16,000 piece lego model of Hogwarts!
But lego can be more than just constructing spaceships and houses, here are 7 ideas for fun things to get the kids to use their imaginations and spark their creativity.
1. Create a Lego mosaic using a large base plate and the smallest bricks. Get simple mosaic templates here.
2. Relish a simpler time with these classic Lego building instructions and introduce your children to the Lego models you built as a child.
4. Using loose Duplo or Lego blocks, get kids to engineer hearts and challenge them to stack the hearts in various configurations.
5. Make a quick and easy Lego zip line to test out slopes, angles, gravity and tension, plus introduce engineering skills.
6. Got a tot learning their ABCs? Use Duplo blocks to recreate the uppercase letters of the alphabet – get printable cards here.
7. Create a Lego maze or marble run – another great way to hone problem solving skills!
Kids imaginations can run wild with fun ideas how to use their lego bricks, how about a breakfast egg holder?