Ready for the year-end festive season? Here are 6 great family events in Bangkok that will help ease you into the holiday spirit!
1. Enjoy a day of holiday shopping, artisan food, and activities for the little ones, and more at the BAMBI Bazaar.
Where: Benchasiri Ballroom, Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit, Sukhumvit Soi 57 (BTS: Thonglor, Exit 3), Bangkok
When: Friday, 20 November, 10am-2pm
Price: Free admission
More info: facebook.com/BAMBIBangkok
2. Kick off the Christmas season with a gingerbread house decoration charity event, to benefit projects under Central Thailand Mission. Other event offerings include carols, teatime treats and a magic show.
Where: Rain Tree Cafe, Plaza Athenee Le Meridien Hotel, Wireless Road (BTS: Ploenchit), Bangkok
When: Saturday, 21 November, 3pm-5pm
Price: 800 baht per person, including kids’ buffet, soft drinks, gingerbread house decoration and 2 alcoholic beverages for parents; free for kids under 3
More info: 02.650.8800; email@example.com
3. Enjoy a day at Ploenchit Fair 2015, the British Community’s annual fund-raising event. In addition to lots of food and drink, children’s craft activities, games and rides, there’s a shopping bazaar and a chance to meet and take photos with Santa Claus.
Where: Bangkok Patana School, 643 La Salle Road (Sukhumvit 105), Bangna, Bangkok (free shuttle bus from Bangna BTS station)
When: Saturday, 28 November, from 10am to 8pm
Price: 150 baht per adult and 50 baht per child, plus optional 500 baht ‘Special All Rides’ Pass
More info: 02.204.1587; www.ploenchitfair.org
4. Visit IPC Holiday Market for your holiday shopping needs; vendors will be here with gifts, kids supplies and handmade items. Kids can play games, get their faces painted and safely play on the premises.
Where: IPC International Kindergarten, 313 Sukhumvit 31, Bangkok
When: Sunday, 29 November, 9am-1pm
Price: Free admission
More info: 02.258.8105; firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Bumrungrad’s Moms and Babies Christmas Party promises a fun morning of activities, including clowns, special gifts from Santa, baby product sale, holiday shopping and more.
Where: Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit (7th Floor, Grand Ballroom), Sukhumvit Soi 22 (BTS: Phrom Phong or Asok), Bangkok
When: Saturday, 12 December, 9.30am-1pm
Price: Free for Bumrungrad patients (show card at entrance); 200 baht for non-Bumrungrad families
More info and RSVP here.
6. For a festive offering that doesn’t involve shopping or eating, take in central Bangkok’s Christmas lights and décor. In early December, every major mall or department store will be decked out for the holidays.
The most popular and impressive displays are in the Ratchadamri area. From the Ratchadamri BTS station, come down to the street level and enjoy the Four Seasons Hotel’s lighted tree display as well as the elaborate set-up on the steps of the adjacent Peninsula Plaza. Then walk over to the open plaza in front of CentralWorld to see the tallest Christmas tree in town. Also, close to the Chidlom BTS station, the front of Amarin Plaza will been transformed into a festive scene, complementing the large tree of the InterContinental Hotel across the street.