Halloween is big in Bangkok! Aside from large department stores, which will have a selection of ready-made costumes and props for kids and adults, here are additional sources for all things Halloween.
Order online or visit Enginou’s branches at All Seasons Place (Wireless Road) or The Commons (Thonglor soi 17) for a good selection of not-so-scary costumes for toddlers and kids, including a variety of princesses, superheroes and warriors. The store also offers non-toxic kids’ face paints and fun DIY mask kits.
2. Petit Mask
Petit Mask offers classic children’s costumes, lovingly made by two Bangkok-based designers (and mums). Outfits for boys and girls, comprised of high quality fabrics and craftsmanship, include pirate, red riding hood, owl, superhero, clown, pumpkin, Beetlejuice and more. Order online via their facebook page.
3. Ri Ta Rae
Located in Sukhumvit 50 (Onnut), this small shop specializes in homemade costumes for kids. Here, you’ll find a good selection, including the fairy tale classics, a variety of animals and more – all great for Halloween or everyday dress-up play. The store also accepts custom orders, and can produce national costumes for many countries. Please email [email protected] or call 02-715-9945 for more info.
With a store in Soi Prommitr, Sukumvit 39, as well as an online shop, the Pinata Party Place stocks a range of spooky costumes for kids and adults, including mummies, vampires, ghouls, devils, zombies and more. They also offer less scary get-ups, as well as face paint and costume accessories.
This Japanese chain store is a great place for inexpensive Halloween costumes and accessories, where almost everything is 60 baht per piece. While each branch stocks different things, all will have basic capes, witch’s hats, brooms, masks, buckets and bags for trick or treating, and lots of fun accessories such as fake eye lashes, finger nails, body paint, devil’s horns and more.
6. Toys R Us
With branches at CentralWorld, Big C Rama 4, Fashion Island, Mega Bangna, and The Mall Bangkae, Toys R Us has lots of ready-to-wear costumes for toddlers, kids and teens, ranging from scary to sweet. They also sell lots of costume props and accessories.
For the best bargains, head to Sampeng Lane in Chinatown. Here, you’ll come across several shops near Ratchawong Pier with lots of Halloween goods at wholesale prices. One such place is the Roy Raan Shop at 100 Sampeng Lane; they’ve got hats, feather boas, bows, tiaras, wigs, capes, false teeth, hula skirts and much more. You can also find ready-made costumes here, as well as tons of decor, including fake pumpkins, cobwebs, spiders, slime, etc. Near Chinatown, the lanes of Pahurat or Bangkok’s little India, are also great for picking up a bargain. Among the Halloween-themed stuff, you’ll find lots of Thai costumes for kids, ranging from fancy Rama V-era attire to simple Thai farmer’s duds.
Another good place for costumes for kids and adults includes Pratunam’s Platinum Mall as well as other malls in the wholesale district. Browse the accessories and hats floor, check out the basement for dedicated costume shops and/or head to the kids’ fashion floor.
Last Minute Updates for 2019! (Rental Companies)
9. Home Cosplay – a store with more than 100 different fantasy costumes to chose from. All of your favorite characters from movies and video games!
10. Dreambox Costume – This is a rental store with an amazing selection of custom-created costumes. They have, literally, everything.
11. Alex Costume – Alex has three stores to chose from where you can rent a costume of your choice.
12. Grandview Fashion – Grandview offers fun for the more refined taste. Traditional Thai dresses, uniforms, and more. Make sure you call ahead to book an appointment!
13. Enjoy Suite – Another rental company with more than 700 different options to choose from. Something for everyone!
14. Cinderella Fancy – With a selection of over 2000 different costumes to choose from… can you go wrong?
15. Bangkok Fancy – This store has all the latest trends in terms of characters, tastes and styles. Check them out!
Pssst… enjoying what you’re reading?
Join our community and never miss an event, post or update! Just enter your email address below: