Educational toys, including a variety of wooden toys, can be readily found in Bangkok. Aside from the large department stores, here’s where to shop for such playthings.
1. Plan Toys – While there are several Thailand-based manufacturers of rubber wood toys, Plan Toys features a wide range of well-made items, from toddler walkers, blocks and pull-along toys to dollhouses and train sets. And from now unti 24 December 2016 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 6pm daily), the Plan Toy Flagship Store in Sathorn Soi 10 offers their annual sale, with discounts of 50-70 percent.
2. Enginou – With two branches (All Seasons Place, Wireless Road; and The Commons Thonglor 17), Enginou stocks imported toys from Europe and the US, all under the ‘play & learn’ theme. Here, you have your pick of board games, puzzles, at materials, books, sensory play materials, beach and water toys, dress up clothes and more. For greater convenience, you can shop online.
3. Baby ‘N Me – Located at K Village, this store mostly offers baby clothing, toys and personal care items but they also have toys such as Micro scooters for all age ranges (and assorted accessories such as helmets, bags and horns), Melissa and Doug sticker and stamp sets, books and more.
4. Toybies – With an office/showroom in Paholyothin 33 (Soi Major Cineplex Rachayothon), Toybies features games, puzzles, mind maps, craft kits, mosaic art sets, art supplies and model kits. Visit the showroom, shop online or email firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order. There is also a branch at the Kids Zone of The Walk Ratchapreuk community mall, which is open from Wednesday to Sunday.
5. Little Picker Kids Concept Store – Situated on the third floor of Chamchuri Square, this shop carries toys from a number of brands including Plan Toys, Melissa & Doug, Orchard Toys and Play-Doh, among others. They also have strollers and other baby items as well as swimming equipment, ride-on suitcases and bath toys.
6. Kidoodle – This Thonglor-based store is packed with stuff kids love, including Pokemon, superhero action figures, Crazy Aaron’s Thinking Putty and Shopkins (and possibly the elusive Hatchimal!). They also stock Smiggle stationary sets and backpacks, swim equipment, board games, dolls and much more.
8. Gift-tarium – More interesting toys for kids including 3D and flat scratch maps for the young traveller, which let kids scratch of places they have visited; build-on brick mugs; and rollable Lego plates. Order here.