As a family of five, we must look like a daunting bunch when we arrive at any venue for a meal, especially as two family members are under three. However, we were met with a professional and warm welcome as we took our seats at the Atelier Restaurant on a recent Sunday.
The Sunday brunch at Atelier runs from 12 to 3pm. with the usual offer of free flow wine for a small fee; however with children, it seemed more sensible to stick with the soft drinks that were included in the base rate.
Smiling staff were present around the restaurant, including the tucked away kid’s area that hosted movies, colouring and crafts as well as toys and a rather large fish tank. At Sunday brunch, it is possible to sit near the kid’s area in order for them to play and for the adults to enjoy their meal, or you can do what we did and enjoy your weekend feast together, then move to the kids area for a coffee at the end.
If quality time with your family is a must, then the children’s entertainment will come to your table in the form of magicians and balloon artists – both were a particular highlight for us. The entertainers walked the restaurant performing magic tricks and creating stunning balloon mermaids, swords, aeroplanes and more while the children ate (or at least pretended to eat!) while they impatiently waited for the chocolate bar.
The children created their own pizza and pasta dishes while the grown-ups delighted in the array of fresh shellfish, fish, cooked and cured meat. There was a huge spread of traditional hot food including Thai, Chinese and Indian as well as a grill section and a wealth of fresh salads and vegetables as well as sushi, cured fish and caviar. A real highlight was the grilled lamb chops and the oven baked Beef Wellington.
I was assured by the Executive chef Pedro, that the food was ethically sourced from the finest producers and that using high quality produce was paramount to his execution of the Sunday brunch. This was very clear from the flavoursome and plentiful paella available, created from his home country of Spain.
A relaxing atmosphere, albeit tampered by my own children, with great staff on hand to help with whatever you need, provided an enjoyable setting for a peaceful Sunday afternoon of indulgence.
- Atelier is located on 2nd floor of The Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit, Sukhumvit 23
- THB 1,899++ per adult including free flow soft drinks.), 10-12 year olds THB 600++, under 10s eat for free (with 2 full paying adults; maximum 2 children per family)
- Add THB 500 ++ per person to enjoy free flow sparkling wine, Martini cocktail, red and white wines and local beer
- 40% discount for Accor Plus members up to 6 persons (only THB 1,423 NET per person)
- KBank, SCB, KTC, Krungsri, Central and Citibank cardholders receive a 30% discount on group bookings up to 4 persons per card (only THB 1,626 NET per person)
- For reservations, call 02 204 4161 or visit this link