From a parent’s perspective, the K Village community mall at the Rama IV end of Sukhumvit Soi 26, is a great hangout for families. Among its many child-friendly restaurants, stores and activities, our five favourites include the following:
1. Hello…Neeya. Tucked away in a back alley on the ground floor, this little gem of a toy shop is literally packed with your child’s current obsessions. From My Little Pony, Disney’s Frozen and Sanrio merchandise to Playmobil sets, Rainbow Looms (and rubber band refills) and Japanese snacks, Hello…Neeya has got it covered.
2. Many Cups. What’s not to love about a self-service premium frozen yogurt bar with flavours such as melon, chocolate, soy milk, honey lemon, berries, lychee and banana? The aptly-named Many Cups also features an impressive toppings bar that will get everyone on a high. The DIY concept has never been so deliciously delightful!
Note, there is an outside turfed area, with a large plastic playground and swings for toddlers. Simply exit out the back door of Many Cups.
3. Baby ‘n Me. This small store on the ground floor focuses on handmade and organic baby products, as well as quality toys, such as Micro scooters and Melissa and Doug art books. The store also stocks footwear from imported brands such as See Kai Run and Birkenstock.
4. Nancy Language Club. Thinking of getting your tot exposed to a foreign language? Here, children as young as 18 months can join a Mandarin Chinese or English playgroup in an engaging environment. Older kids can attend small classes grouped by ability-level to begin learning or brushing up on English, Mandarin or Thai. Learning centres on interactive activities, music, crafts and classroom work.
5. Moulin Roty. With branches at Crystal Park and K Village, this shop sells adorable, well-made toys (and doudous!) with educational value from France. They also stock handmade clothing and costumes for boys and girls, as well as quality footwear from the UK and Spain.