For those spending the holidays in Bangkok, below are 11 festive events and activities geared for kids!
1. Select branches of Dean & Deluca will be hosting a visit with Santa Bill, probably the most authentic santa in town! Take photos and enjoy the festive atmosphere. Here’s the schedule:
- 23 December @Emquartier from 12pm – 1:30pm
- 24 December @Central Embassy from 12pm – 1:30pm
- 25 December @Mahanakorn CUBE from 11am – 1pm
2. Join Attic Studios’ Winter Wonderland Canvas Painting Camp for Kids (ages 6+) on 4, 11 & 18 December. For 2,200 baht, including all materials, lunch and a gift from Santa’s sack, each student will create a beautiful winter wonderland using acrylics on canvas, with fun activities before and after classes. For more details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Get messy and have loads of fun at the annual DIY Gingerbread House Workshop at Rossini’s, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. Ideal for kids ages 4 to 12, the workshop takes place every Sunday before Christmas on 4, 11 and 18 December (12pm-3pm). Parents and kids can create and assemble their own gingerbread house at their brunch table, or purchase a DIY Gingerbread House Takeaway box at a cost of 1,250 baht net per house. For more info, please click here.
4. The ever-popular L’école Bangkok Pastry Workshops for Kids are back for the holidays. Get into the spirit of Christmas while baking Christmas sablés, chocolate trufles, gingerbread houses and gingerbread men. Workshops are held in Sathorn on 17 December, 22 December and 23 December; the price is 1,100 baht per child per workshop. For more info, contact email@example.com.
5. Bright Skies International School’s Christmas Crafts Workshop is running two sessions per day on 2, 6 and 8 December. Come and get crafty with your little ones and enjoy a special visitor from the North Pole. The price is 300 baht per child/session, including light refreshments; a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Camillian Home for Children with Disabilities.
6. The annual Children’s Christmas Party at the wonderful Neilson Hays Library is back. This year, the festivities will be held on Saturday, 10 December, from 10.30am to 12.30pm. The cost is just 100 baht per child for members and 200 per child for non-members. Highlights include a visit from Santa and lots of Christmas activities including storytelling, crafts, carol singing and snacks.
7. Enrol in the Paron School of Art Christmas Craft Camp for three days of homemade arts and crafts, creating original cards, gifts and ornaments. Held from 19 to 21 December from 10am to 3pm, the camp costs 4,900 baht per student. It suitable for kids ages 7 to 12. Please email ParonSchoolofArt@gmail.com to join the fun!
8. For younger children ages 0 to 5, the Regent’s International School Christmas Open Afternoon on Friday, 9 December features an afternoon of fun Christmas activities, including a surprise visit from Santa. This is also a great opportunity for parents to find out more about the school’s programme and talk to the teachers.
9. On Saturday, 17 December from 2pm-5pm, come to L’Apart on the 32nd floor of Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit for a Christmas reading afternoon tea. In addition to decadent treats such as a macaron tower, marshmallow tree, chocolate fondue, crepe station and more, you can listen to a special reading by Santa Claus. There will also be a balloon crafting exhibition, drawing and gingerbread making. The price is 599 baht++ per person, with a 50% discount for kids ages 6 to 12 (free for children under 6 years).
10. Seasonal Tastes at the Westin Grande Sukhumvit is offering their annual Christmas Baking Fun classes for children ages 6 to 12, getting them into the holiday spirit. These hands-on gingerbread house workshops, followed by family lunch, will be held on Saturdays, 10 December and 17 December, starting at 10.30am. The 1,990 baht net session includes two hours of baking and decorating, the finished product and lunch for the participant at Seasonal Tastes Restaurant. One adult can join one child free of charge! Please book in advance here.
11. Get into the festive spirit at the Christmas market at RIS Swiss Section, a German-speaking school in Bangkok. Held on Wednesday, 14 December, the market offers lovely gifts and homemade cookies or Glühwein. Children of all ages can enjoy various activities during the afternoon workshops. In the evening, there will be a delicious Christmas buffet, various Christmas performances and a Christmas tree auction. Click here for more info.